“The implementation of JDE has given Interstate-McBee a robust platform to manage and control our manufacturing side of the business. The tools and information available in the system will allow us to better manage our distribution and manufacturing businesses. Terillium was an integral and key element in the successful launch of this system.” Chuck, EVP & General Manager at Interstate-McBee
Interstate-McBee Finds MRP Solution with JD Edwards
Interstate-McBee needed MRP after merging its distribution business with a manufacturing company. Interstate-McBee had an older ERP system for their distribution business called Prelude. Prelude is in its retirement phase and support was difficult to obtain. Interstate-McBee wanted to move to a best in class solution and chose Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
Terillium provided project management as well as development and functional expertise. Interstate-McBee’s project leadership team needed a partner to help them approach and manage a large system implementation. Terillium implemented an ERP system that met Interstate-McBee’s business needs.
Interstate-McBee now has the following new business benefits:
- Moved from a manual paper-based manufacturing system to automated manufacturing – leading to better inventory management and shop floor optimization among many other benefits
- New ability to share information across multiple businesses – thanks to one global ERP system for the entire company
- New modern business reporting capabilities
- Better customer service including new modern processes to replace worn products for customers – with the new system this process is all managed within JDE as opposed to using spreadsheets
- Better customer experience ordering online with a new state of the art online ordering system integrated with JDE
- Real time visibility into orders and financial information
- Better insights and tools to do material planning
- Automated what was previously a paper/manual EDI process