M/I Homes has been building new homes of outstanding quality and superior design for more than 40 years. M/I Homes has built more than 100,000 homes and become one of the nation’s leading homebuilders.
M/I Homes has 16 division offices that were part of the JD Edwards upgrade from EnterpriseOne 8.10 to 9.2. The company now operates with the most up-to-date JDE release of web-based ERP software. M/I Homes needed a:
- Modern web-based ERP solution, enhancing the end user experience
- Platform that supports updated technology, such as infrastructure, database and integration
- Review and reduction of customizations where applicable
M/I Homes needed to either upgrade from its JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.10 system or implement a new ERP. While their executive team considered other non-Oracle products, they decided the best option was to upgrade to EnterpriseOne. During the project, M/I Homes purchased another homebuilder and added it to its branch of division offices. The Terillium team added the new office to the plan and was able to continue with the original go-live date.
Terillium and M/I Homes worked together to upgrade to the latest release of EnterpriseOne, establishing one team with shared responsibilities on delivering the project. Despite the challenges of running their business with minimal disruption to the users, the project went live on time and under budget.
- Leveraged Terillium’s Project SharePoint site for collaboration and management of the project
- Eliminated 20% of the customizations that existed in their old release
- Included more than 35 integration points between JDE and four outside systems in the upgrade
- Completed four rounds of integrated testing to ensure a smooth go live