Some of the important milestones in the history of Morbark: a simple blacksmith shop to a 1.1-million-square-foot manufacturing complex. Two workers to nearly 500 employees. One product to hundreds of heavy equipment designs. An equipment manufacturer for the forestry, recycling, sawmill, bio-energy and tree care markets, Morbark wanted to improve its logistical processes to support company growth.
- Replace multiple, fragmented computer systems
- Reduce number of “handoffs” associated with the parts demand systems
- Gain visibility into load vs. capacity constraints
- Improve cost-update process and gain ability to efficiently roll up costs, enabling implementation of best practices
Terillium implemented Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Manufacturing solution to take advantage of enhancements like vendor-managed inventory, Kanban and pay-upon-consumption systems. The team consolidated multiple groups and divisions on a unified application platform—increasing efficiency and providing enhanced visibility into business data. The project also consisted of creating compound applications and boosting efficiency of the software maintenance process.
On this project the Terillium team:
- Deployed an order entry application that is easy to use and navigate, with hot buttons for price checking and product availability
- Allowed for system modifications while staying “code current”
- Integrated visual manufacturing systems into the platform
- Deployed lean manufacturing processes and streamlined transactions using the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne shop floor and inventory systems