Learn how to use NetSuite to increase revenue for your organization
Read time: 2 min.
In a recent webinar, we uncovered three ways you can use NetSuite to increase revenue. If you weren’t able to join us, we’ve put together a recap of the three tactics below.
Organize your contacts
Before you can leverage data in NetSuite to make informed decisions on sales and marketing campaigns (and to ultimately increase revenue) make sure your contacts and accounts are organized in NetSuite. Three important categories to classify are:
- Leads – contacts and accounts where you don’t yet have an established relationship
- Prospects – contacts and accounts where you have a sales opportunity
- Customers – contacts and accounts that have previously purchased from you
Once your contacts and accounts are organized, you can use different views within NetSuite to make smart decisions on sales and marketing campaigns. NetSuite dynamically displays the data to give you insights into accounts. This enables you to identify where you have opportunities to sell to an existing customer, a prospect, or a lead.
Use historic data to forecast sales opportunities
In NetSuite, it’s easy to use data in whatever way makes sense for your job role. For the specific task of finding ways to increase revenue, you can easily pull data such as:
- Sales history by industry. This can be helpful in determining what key industries to target with sales and marketing efforts.
- Sales history by order amount. Learn what types of accounts spend the most with your business. Leverage that information to target similar companies.
- Sales history by order date. Who has done business with you in the past, but it’s been a while? Target those companies with a re-engagement or upsell campaign.
Once you have your data together, you can create groups for targeted email campaigns directly in NetSuite. In addition to sales history, you can also target groups by location, industry, and other parameters. Within NetSuite you can:
- Create a marketing campaign
- Set the start date and end date for the campaign
- Select the target group for the campaign
- Create email templates
- Send and track emails
- Track other marketing channels (website, direct mail etc.)
Leverage marketing forms for lead generation
You can create marketing forms in NetSuite, and embed those forms on your website to collect leads. As soon as a contact submits a form, the lead is entered into NetSuite CRM. You can set up alerts and notifications, so your sales team is automatically informed about the new prospect. NetSuite marketing forms make it easy for people to proactively reach out to you, when they are interested in your products or services. Internally, the backend process is quick and efficient – enabling your sales team to respond to the lead fast. Using NetSuite CRM, your sales reps can record any activity with the lead (meetings, calls, notes). That data can be used to either help close the deal in the short-term, or to target the account with future campaigns.