How and why other clean technology industry companies like you are leaning on Oracle Cloud to enable their growth?
Making the move to transformative technology can be an overwhelming step for businesses in hyper-growth settings within the clean technology industry.
Do any of these issues sound familiar?
- You employ multiple systems to support a single business process flow
- Your company struggles with supply chain visibility
- You use Excel for reporting and analysis
- You have systems in place that can’t scale
- Your departments grapple with meeting high level reporting requirements
If you checked any of these boxes, it’s time to take action and experience firsthand the value achieved by other high-growth, clean technology companies that have started their journey with Oracle’s leading Cloud business applications.
Clean Energy Industry Challenges
- Manufacturing Process Complexity – many emerging technologies – moving target
- The manufacturing process and the complexity associated with it is a top issue within the clean energy industry. Our customer base tells us that this is due to emerging technologies, which are a constant moving target.
- Diverse customer/Supplier bases – many are both
- Size – limited project resources alongside continuous hiring
- In many cases these are startup organizations and that don’t have an IT organization, BAs, or a pool of resources that understand the complexity of your environment.
- Capital availability for back-office projects
- Oftentimes, capital availability is tied to the flow of funding, and a lot of that funding is associated with buildouts versus supporting back-office projects.
- Requirements to integrate with 3rd party solutions specific to industry
- Requirements to integrate with third-party solutions, especially as you look at phased rollout strategies, there’s a need for an integration strategy specific to the clean energy industry
- Reporting requirements
- The clean energy industry also has reporting requirements. Reporting requirements for federal, state, and municipality level, or even SCC, private equity, and investor level, are always a dynamic case that many clean tech companies struggle with right out of the gate.
Oracle Cloud for Clean Technology Industry
- The most complete application SAAS footprint available on the market
- 100% Oracle based solution (Hardware, Software, Middleware, Security)
- 100% SAAS Offering vs hosted applications
- Seamlessly integrates with leading MES systems such as Siemens and Rockwell
- Enhances bankability for young enterprises
- Applications are configured to support operations:
- Process Manufacturing
- Discrete Manufacturing
- Services Based
- A Platform to grow into as your business evolves in size and complexity
At a high level, as we talk about Oracle and some of the key differentiators across other ERP applications, Oracle is the most complete SaaS solution available. Oracle is above and beyond all the other solutions available in a pure SaaS model, on a unified platform. It is 100% Oracle, so there’s no finger-pointing, you don’t have to deal with an AWS or an Azure, whether the application, hardware or the connectivity is down, in Oracle’s case, it’s Oracle hardware, Oracle applications, Oracle middleware, and Oracle security. So, from the top all the way down, it’s an Oracle solution.
It is 100% SaaS, it’s not a hosted solution. It’s built from the ground up as a SaaS solution. It’s not an on-premise solution that’s been modified to fit in a SaaS world. It was built from the ground up. The integration across all the major MES systems, Siemens, Rockwell is already there. Bankability is something that a lot of startups talk about. It provides the credibility with the investment layer of organizations. Startups are comfortable with an Oracle solution. It brings the credibility that bankers and investors look for as they look to invest dollars. It’s a configured solution, whether it’s process, discrete or a services-based industry. No longer are you putting a square peg in a round hole, now you’re out of this oh-we’ll-make-it-work mentality, we configure the solution to fit your specific business, and in many cases it may be multiple. It may be process and discrete, there may be a services component to it. So, to be able to accomplish all that into one enterprise application is key.
The last point is that Oracle Cloud is a platform that you can grow into versus out of. Many customers look in the beginning stages to start small. In many cases, they may pick a small package like a QuickBooks or something just to start out. Start with a tier one, start with an Oracle Fusion platform that will grow with your company and not hold you back in the long run. Keep it simple and then grow into it as your business grows in complexity and size.
Oracle Value For Product Centric Companies
As we break down further, we can talk about a product-centric perspective. Oracle Cloud adds value to product centric companies in these key areas:
- Best in class S&OP, Demand, and Supply Planning with Constraints and What-If
- Global Order Promising – Resolves difficult supply allocation questions
- Multi-Mode Manufacturing – Capable of Discrete and Process
- Production Scheduling – Drag, Drop, Constraint Based
- PLM – Product Lifecycle Management and CAD Integrations to ERP / SCM
- Transportation – Best of breed TMS solution for when freight cost and fleet management are part of the equation
Oracle Value For Projects/Service Centric Companies
- PPM – Projects module to manage the project, resources, cost, and schedule
- SCM Projects – For when the world of projects also needs to tie in supply, inventory, and manufacturing into the program
- EPM – PBCS – Planning and Budgeting to support the projected revenue from the projects and model what-if scenarios
- Subscription – To deal with subscription-based revenue
- Revenue Recognition – Best in class module to help project-based companies deal with difficult revenue recognition scenarios
- Lease – Lease management module for when project-based companies need lease functionality
To learn more about moving to Oracle on the front-end of the growth curve enables higher growth rates, check out our full on-demand webinar: A Clean Path to Growth for your Clean Tech Company.