Headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee, Eco-Energy promotes the increased use of clean energy on a global scale.
With over $5B in sales, and the handling of over 15% of North American biofuels, Eco-Energy is among the largest full-service biofuel supply chain companies in North America. Eco-Energy is responsible for the marketing and distribution of more than 2.4 billion gallons of ethanol a year, and the company moves a billion cubic feet of natual gas daily.
Facing a necessary upgrade to their current ERP, the leadership team at Eco-Energy decided it was time to evaluate other options and consider an Oracle Cloud applications migration.
Eco-Energy evaluated nine solutions, including an upgrade to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne – their current system. Eco-Energy selected Oracle Cloud applications as the “right-size” solution for their organization moving forward.
Key challenges for the project included:
- Migrating from on-premise to cloud ERP, ensuring successful data conversion and functionality mapping
- Busy schedules at a high-growth company, and a lean project team
- Moving to a remote implementation during the project, due to COVID-19
- Project leadership and a proven ERP implementation methodology
- ASCEND data conversion tool to migrate and map data from JDE to ERP Cloud
- Improvement of important business processes and workflows
- Integration with other business systems including essential commodity trading applications
- A scalable ERP solution that reduces costs and reduces burden on IT
- Better reporting tools