Founded in Boulder, CO, in 1947 and named for the unique rock formations there, Flatiron now operates across the U.S. and Canada and is a subsidiary of German-based HOCHTIEF, one of the world’s largest international construction service providers.
Flatiron builds roads, bridges, rail, airports, dams, industrial, water and underground projects from common to complex, large-scale jobs. Delivering successful construction projects under a variety of contracting methods, Flatiron has unparalleled design-build and public-private partnership experience and expertise.
While the upgrade was a like-for-like project, Flatiron wanted to improve the HR/payroll and field time entry process for its employees. Additionally, their infrastructure was migrated to another hosting provider. The main project objectives were to:
- Upgrade to the most recent version of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to run on a modern ERP platform
- Help Flatiron implement JDE EnterpriseOne 9.2 across its entire network with additional upgrade project completed in 2021
- Develop a robust user training program
- Improve business operations across a variety of processes
- Migrate to a new hosting provider
Terillium upgraded Flatiron to the most recent version of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, made business processes more efficient by reducing a significant amount of custom modifications and assisted with in-depth training for users. Terillium also delivered:
- A modern, updated and fully supported ERP interface and platform
- More than 4,000 hours of training through combined team efforts
- More than 327 million rows of converted data
- Self-service capabilities for employees to maintain their information