Interstate-McBee has the most comprehensive aftermarket product offering of replacement parts for Caterpillar®, Cummins®, Detroit Diesel®, and Navistar® engine applications. Interstate-McBee needed MRP after merging manufacturing and distribution companies. Interstate-McBee had an older ERP system for their distribution business called Prelude. Prelude is in its retirement phase and support was difficult to obtain. Interstate-McBee wanted to move to a best in class solution and chose Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
Terillium provided project management as well as development and functional expertise. Interstate-McBee’s project leadership team needed a partner to help them approach and manage a large system implementation. Terillium implemented an ERP system that met Interstate-McBee’s business needs.
Interstate-McBee chose the new system to:
- Automate what was previously a paper/manual EDI process
- Provide new modern business reporting capabilities
- Show real time visibility into orders and financial information
- Include better insights and tools to do material planning
Interstate-McBee now has the following new business benefits:
- Moved from a manual paper-based manufacturing system to automated manufacturing – leading to better inventory management and shop floor optimization among many other benefits
- New ability to share information across multiple businesses – thanks to one global ERP system for the entire company
- Better customer service including new modern processes to replace worn products for customers – with the new system this process is all managed within JDE as opposed to using spreadsheets
- Better customer experience ordering online with a new state of the art online ordering system integrated with JDE