Learn what to consider when researching NetSuite partners for your next project
So, perhaps you’ve chosen NetSuite as your enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and your team is ready to plan the implementation. Or maybe you already run NetSuite, but you want to add more modules since your business has grown. Do you hire a consulting partner? Learn how to evaluate NetSuite partners for your upcoming project.
What you need to know about NetSuite partners
NetSuite Solution Providers are industry experts who deliver a multitude of services from selling NetSuite licenses to implementation and ongoing support. It’s important to select a NetSuite partner that is a good fit for your technical needs, business objectives and company culture.
NetSuite partners (like us) provide a variety of services. A solutions provider can work with you every step of the way, including:
- Licensing and implementation
- Additional support after go-live
- Adding functionality
- Establishing new locations or subsidiaries on your system
- Special projects
Working with a partner is not required, however, there are many benefits to it. What should you expect from your NetSuite partner?
What to expect and when to engage with a NetSuite partner
NetSuite partners can’t fix all of your ERP problems immediately. However, a partner can be a game-changer for your organization in terms of operations and how you use your NetSuite system. Whether your upcoming project is a new implementation or adding modules to an existing solution, there are some key expectations to have.
Whoever you choose as your partner should be qualified to perform the work. But what kind of experience is necessary when considering who you hire? Good NetSuite partners:
- Have relevant experience in your industry
- Staff certified consultants with substantial technical and functional experience
- Provide trusted advice and expertise
- Fit your organization’s culture, team, needs and goals
Tools for success
In addition to their resume, a good partner should possess the necessary skills to manage and execute your project. These skills work hand-in-hand with your partner’s qualifications and are a result of their previous project experience. Make sure your partner:
- Can maintain team communication and project management
- Has a proven methodology
- Is able to establish measurable milestones and goals
- Will provide leadership to navigate your project
When to engage
When you’re planning a NetSuite project, you can’t begin work with a partner too early – but you can wait too long. Starting early with a partner allows you to leverage their expertise and build a cohesive roadmap for your project. Your NetSuite partner can help:
- Prepare and plan your project
- Build your internal team
- Execute the project
- Train your team and provide support