Plexus partners with companies around the world to provide innovative, comprehensive solutions throughout the product’s lifecycle. The company serves customers with highly complex products and demanding regulatory environments.
When Plexus decided to upgrade their JD Edwards system, the leadership team chose Terillium as their partner based on the team’s experience upgrading businesses to 9.2, as well as Terillium’s partnership with Redfaire International. Plexus recently went live with the like-for-like upgrade in the first phase of a multi-phase project.
As an organization, Plexus has more than 6,000 users and 7,000 modified objects. Due to the complexity of the full upgrade, the project was divided into three phases. The main objectives of phase one were to:
- Upgrade to the most recent version of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne with minimal disruption to the organization and serve as a foundation for the next phase
- Avoid the risk of being on an outdated release and hardware
- Modernize Plexus’ platform, technology and data security
- Build an internal Plexus team to carry the project forward
During phase one, Terillium upgraded Plexus to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 and established a foundation for the rest of the project.
Phase two will include:
- Replacing the custom warehouse management system Plexus is running
- Implementing additional modules such as transportation management, quality management and OneView Reporting foundation and extensions
- Leveraging JDE Orchestrator and advanced UX One tools
- Eliminating modifications
future tools releases