June 20, 2020 Announcement
Read time: 1.5 min.
Oracle is pleased to announce the newest JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 18.104.22.168 to help drive digital process transformation. By providing clients transformative improvements in user experience and support for Oracle Autonomous Database, the latest Tools Release 22.214.171.124 accelerates digital progress.
JDE Orchestrations - Digital Transformation Tools
To build on the business applications available within EnterpriseOne, Orchestrator helps automate, integrate, and streamline business processes. From a features standpoint, major key enhancements include:
- Queue Control for AIS Request: By updating this enhancement, the ability to determine which queue and what kind of a queue an orchestration runs in is available.
- Grouped Arrays from CSV Files: This enhancement allows use to structure the files that have multiple orders or different data sets within.
- Printing an Orchestration: Before this upgrade, orchestration steps were captured manually or by screen shot.
- Expand and Collapse Nested Orchestrations: As a convenience for the developer, this feature allows visibility into nested orchestrations without having to go out and back into the orchestration.
Other enhancements include:
- External REST Authentication via Public Key Certificates
- HTTP Compression for AIS Output
- Return Orchestration Inputs in the Output
User Experience Improvements
With capital asset management, human capital management, financials, sales, manufacturing, and procurement – product improvements have been made to reporting and the user experience.
While it’s a common modification, creating form and row exits in form extensions is the stand out feature for end users. By using the form extensions through User Defined Objects, modification is no longer needed.
Other enhancements in this tools release include:*
- Form Personalization: Repositioning Form Controls Marked as Required
- Media Objects—Multiple Attachments Selection
- Additional Translations for UDOs
Autonomous Database for JD Edwards
New capabilities will help lower total cost of ownership, increase security with better features and functionalities, boost efficiency within business processes, and improved reliability. “With this support, customers can integrate their JD Edwards installation on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure with Oracle Autonomous Database on dedicated Exadata infrastructure.”
To further decrease human labor and eliminate human error, Oracle JD Edwards currently supports:*
- Oracle Autonomous Database on dedicated Exadata infrastructure on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Oracle Autonomous Database on dedicated Exadata infrastructure on Exadata Cloud@Customer
The following releases currently supported are:*
- JD Edwards Applications Release 9.2
- JD Edwards Tools Release 126.96.36.199
- Oracle Autonomous Database 19c (19.7 DBRU and above)
- Oracle Linux 7
- Oracle Weblogic Server 188.8.131.52
*Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 184.108.40.206
Oracle JD Edwards continues to strive for the most updated business tools and user-friendly product updates in order to help companies remain up-to-date, evolving and maintaining a strategic JDE roadmap. To learn more about the latest enhancements and capabilities, be sure to check out the full tools release.
Not on Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne? Considering an upgrade to 9.2? Contact us with questions about the upgrade process.